TOLA: Where Do the Donation Go?
Wrightwood Neighbors receives the money collected from the event’s gate donations. That money goes directly to fund grants given out to local charities, schools, parks, and neighborhood improvements. Not only does your donation go towards worthwhile charities, a small part also helps pay for the fabulous bands that perform each year at the Taste of Lincoln Ave (but also sales of beer from two WNA beer booths funds the musical act budget too!).
In the past 26 years, Wrightwood has raised over $2.2 Million!!
Past recipients of WNA grants include the following organizations:
- Agassiz Elementary
- Alcott Elementary
- Oscar Mayer Elementary
- Lincoln Park High School
- WNA School Trust Fund
After School & Outreach Programs:
- Lill Street Learning Center
- Christopher House
- Lookingglass Theatre
- Chicago Park District-funding kids programs at Jonquil Park
- Gus Foundation
- Rochelle Lee Foundation
- After School Center
- Teen Living Programs
- Lakeview Pantry
- Dignity Diner
- 19th District Community Relations
“Wiggly Field” Dog Park
Friends of the Lincoln Park Library
View our breakdown of the gate donations here
Where is the festival located?
The Taste of Lincoln Avenue goes up Lincoln Avenue between Fullerton and Wrightwood, with main entrances at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue, Fullerton Avenue, and Halsted Street as well as the intersection at Lincoln Avenue, Wrightwood Avenue, and Sheffield Avenue. View the Google maps below for reference. The festival is conveniently located just off the Fullerton CTA Red, Brown and Purple lines as well as near the #8 Halsted and #74 Fullerton buses.
The Heart of Taste Of Lincoln Avenue Chicago
Taste of Lincoln Avenue Tweets! Save the Date - August 6th and 7th from noon to 10 P.M.
216 people following @TasteLincolnChi
- Thank you @campeonchicago @fiestamexicanaL @neseafoodco @paulinamarket @wursthauschi for keeping #TasteofLincolnChicago goers full
- Thank you @16candlesband @DaFunkCrusaders @Funkadesi @silversidechi @ArchiePowell @molehillmusic @TheTBs for playing #TasteofLincolnChicago
- Shout out to @TheGingerRoad @rfr90sband @ReverbNation @OneNightBandChi @weddingbanned who rocked the wrightwood stage